House of Representatives Electoral Tribunal
|House of Representatives Electoral Tribunal|
|Composition method||Designation of the Chief Justice|
|Number of positions||9|
The House of Representatives Electoral Tribunal (HRET) is an electoral tribunal that decides election protests in the House of Representatives of the Philippines. It consists of 6 representatives and 3 justices of the Supreme Court of the Philippines, who are designated by the Chief Justice. The equivalent tribunals for elections to the upper house is the Senate Electoral Tribunal and for president is the Presidential Electoral Tribunal. The tribunal is located at SET-HRET Building, Commission on Audit Compound, Quezon City.
Members of the Tribunal receive a monthly allowance of 100,000 Philippine pesos on top of their regular salary.
The chairman is always a justice of the Supreme Court.
|Presbitero Velasco||Supreme Court associate justice (Chairman)||N/A|
|Diosdado Peralta||Supreme Court associate justice||N/A|
|Lucas Bersamin||Supreme Court associate justice||N/A|
|Franklin Bautista||Liberal||Davao del Sur||July 1, 2013–June 30, 2016|
|Joselito Mendoza||Liberal||Bulacan||July 1, 2013–June 30, 2016|
|Mark Enverga||Nacionalista||Quezon||July 1, 2013–June 30, 2016|
|Ma. Theresa Bonoan-David||NUP||Manila||July 1, 2013–June 30, 2016|
|Jerry Treñas||Liberal||Iloilo City||July 1, 2013–June 30, 2016|
|Luzviminda Ilagan||GABRIELA||Party-list||July 1, 2013–June 30, 2016|
- 1998 election:
- 2001 election:
- 2004 election:
- Anuar Abubakar (Tawi-Tawi): disqualified in 2006, replaced by Nur Jaafar
- 2007 election:
- Danilo Fernandez (Laguna-1st): disqualified in 2009, reversed by the Supreme Court in 2010.
- Alvin Sandoval (Malabon/Navotas): disqualified in 2009, replaced by Josephine Lacson-Noel
- Henry Dueňas (Taguig-2nd): disqualified in 2010, replaced by Angelito Reyes
- 2013 election:
- Diaz, Jess (August 8, 2014). "Reduction in Senate electoral tribunal's funding sought". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "6 lawmakers named as HRET members". The Philippine Star. 2013-09-12. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- "MA. AMELITA C. VILLAROSA, PETITIONER, VS. THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES ELECTORAL TRIBUNAL AND RICARDO V. QUINTOS, RESPONDENTS.". Senate Electoral Tribunal. 2010-09-14. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- "Jimenez disqualified as congressman". Gulf News. 2003-03-07. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- "MJ appeals disqualification from House seat". Philstar News. 2003-03-19. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- "Laguna solon loses HRET appeal". ABS-CBN News. 2009-04-29. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- "G. R. No. 187478". Supreme Court of the Philippines. 2009-12-01. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- "G. R. No. 185401". Supreme Court of the Philippines. 2009-07-21. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- "G. R. No. 222236" (PDF). Supreme Court of the Philippines. 2016-05-03. Retrieved 2016-05-31.