Location in Burma
|Coordinates: 17°06′0″N 96°03′0″E / 17.10000°N 96.05000°ECoordinates: 17°06′0″N 96°03′0″E / 17.10000°N 96.05000°E|
|Time zone||MST (UTC6:30)|
Hmawbi Township is a township in the Yangon Region of Burma (Myanmar). It is located northwest of the city of Yangon. The principal town and administrative seat is Hmawbi. The Hmawbi airport is at Indan (Inntan), four kilometres northeast of the town of Hmawbi.Technological University, Hmawbi exists near Hmawbi Township.
Hmawbi Township is home to the Myaung Dagar Industrial Zone, which is a 1,016 acres (4.11 km2) zone constructed in 2006-2008 and is intended to house all of Yangon's steel factories. Operating licenses for steel smelters that do not relocate to the Industrial Zone are not renewed.
The Hliang River forms the western border of Hmawbi Township, which borders on:
- Taikkyi Township to the north;
- Hlegu Township to the east;
- Mingaladon Township to the southeast;
- Shwepyitha Township to the south; and
- Htantabin Township to the southwest, west and northwest.
- "Hmawbi Township, Yangon Division" map ID: MIMU154 Hmawbi Township 090227 v01, February 2009, Myanmar Information Management Unit (MIMU)
- "Hmawbi Google Satellite Map" Maplandia World Gazetteer