Higher education in Hong Kong

Higher Education in Hong Kong means any education higher than secondary education, including professional, technical, and academic.[1] It is the highest level of education in Hong Kong, regulated under the Hong Kong Law.


Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS) is a scheme and the main route of application designed to assist students with Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) or Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) results to apply for admission to the universities in Hong Kong.


According to the Education Bureau, Hong Kong has 20 degree-awarding higher education institutions, including:

UGC funded universities

Below universities funded by the University Grants Committee (UGC):

Self-financing institutions

Statutory university

Approved post secondary colleges

Approved post secondary colleges are educational institutes registered under the Post Secondary Colleges Ordinance (Cap. 320). This kind of colleges are allowed to give out academic awards at bachelor's degree level or above as well as to include the Chinese words ″學院″ or ″大學″, or the English word ″University″ in the registration name with prior approval from the Chief Executive-in-Council.

The publicly funded institution



Further reading

See also

This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 11/4/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.