List of ambassadors of the United Kingdom to Iraq
The Ambassador from the United Kingdom to Iraq is the United Kingdom's foremost diplomatic representative in Iraq, and in charge of the UK's diplomatic mission in Iraq. The official title is Her Britannic Majesty's Ambassador to the Republic of Iraq.
List of heads of mission
High Commissioner for Iraq (and Commander-in-Chief, from 1922)
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to His Majesty the King of Iraq
- 1932–1935: Sir Francis Humphrys
- 1935–1937: Sir Archibald Clark Kerr
- 1937–1939: Sir Maurice Peterson
- 1939–1941: Sir Basil Newton (de:Basil Cochrane Newton )
- 1941–1945: Sir Kinahan Cornwallis
- 1945–1948: Sir Hugh Stonehewer-Bird
- 1948–1951: Sir Henry Mack
- 1951–1954: Sir John Troutbeck
- 1954–1958: Sir Michael Wright
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Republic of Iraq
- 1958–1961: Sir Humphrey Trevelyan
- 1961–1965: Sir Roger Allen (de:Roger Allen)
- 1965–1967: Sir Richard Beaumont
- 1967–1968: Break in diplomatic relations due to Six-Day War
- 1968–1969: Trefor Ellis Evans
- 1969–1971: Glencairn Balfour Paul
- 1971–1974: Break in diplomatic relations following Iran's seizure of the Tunb islands
- 1974–1977: John Graham
- 1977–1980: Alexander Stirling
- 1980–1982: Stephen Egerton
- 1982–1985: Sir John Moberly
- 1985–1989: Terence Clark
- 1990–1991: Sir Harold Walker
- 1991–2004: Break in diplomatic relations following the First Gulf War
- 2004–2005: Edward Chaplin
- 2005–2006: William Patey
- 2006–2007: Hon. Dominic Asquith
- 2007–2009: Christopher Prentice
- 2009–2011: John Jenkins
- 2011–2012: Michael Aron
- 2012–2014: Simon Paul Collis
- 2014–present: Frank Baker
- The London Gazette: . 20 January 1922. Retrieved 2012-07-21.
- The London Gazette: . 25 September 1923. Retrieved 2012-07-21.
- MACK, Sir (William) Henry (Bradshaw), Who Was Who, A & C Black, 1920–2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007, accessed 22 July 2012
- TROUTBECK, Sir John Monro, Who Was Who, A & C Black, 1920–2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007, accessed 22 July 2012
- WRIGHT, Sir Michael (Robert), Who Was Who, A & C Black, 1920–2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007, accessed 22 July 2012
- The London Gazette: . 29 October 1965. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- "Sir Richard Beaumont". The Daily Telegraph. 28 January 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-12.
- The London Gazette: . 27 June 1968. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- UK in Iraq – British Embassy Baghdad