|Founded||16 May 1946|
|Circulation||121,334 (first six months of 2014)|
History and profile
Handelsblatt was established in 1946. Its editor-in-chief (since January 2013) is Hans-Jürgen Jakobs. Its publisher, Verlagsgruppe Handelsblatt, which also publishes the weekly business magazine Wirtschaftswoche of which the editor-in-chief is Roland Tichy. Handelsblatt's headquarters are in Düsseldorf.
Since September 2005 Handelsblatt has been offering an online lexicon called WirtschaftsWiki which features definitions of terms used in economics and politics. The database can be modified by any registered user.
In September 2006 Handelsblatt ranked all economists working in Germany, Austria and the German-speaking part of Switzerland. The paper is published in compact format.
In 2014, Handelsblatt launched a digital, English-language edition, called Handelsblatt Global Edition, which aims to reach an international audience interested in German business and finance news. The editor-in-chief is Kevin O'Brien. The Global Edition publishes five days a week from its editorial office in Berlin.
- Carsten Croonenbroeck; Roman Matkovskyy (July 2013). "Is the Market Held by Institutional Investors? The Disposition Effect Revisited." (Discussion paper. No: 338). European University Viadrina Frankfurt. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- Robert G. Picard, ed. (2002). Media Firms: Structures, Operations, and Performance. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. p. 61. Retrieved 26 December 2014. – via Questia (subscription required)
- Gabor Steingart new CEO of Verlagsgruppe Handelsblatt. Horizont.net, 4 November 2012.
- "Handelsblatt and WiWo continue to lead the German market". Advance Media. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "German Online Newspapers and Magazines". Almania Information Center. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- "Wirtschaftslexikon". Handelsblatt. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "English summary" of the ranking
- "References". Tolerans. Retrieved 5 February 2015.
- ""Handelsblatt" bringt englischsprachige Ausgabe an den Start". Focus Online. Hubert Burda Media. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- IVW - Informationsgemeinschaft zur Feststellung der Verbreitung von Werbeträgern e.V Retrieved 3 August 2014.