|Gucha - Migori|
|- left||Sare River, Oyani River, Migori River, Ongoche River|
|- right||Riana River|
|- location||Nyamira County|
|- coordinates||0°39′S 34°58′E / 0.65°S 34.97°E|
|- location||Migori County|
|- coordinates||0°54′18″S 34°08′38″E / 0.905°S 34.144°ECoordinates: 0°54′18″S 34°08′38″E / 0.905°S 34.144°E|
|Length||149 km (93 mi)|
|Basin||6,900 km2 (2,664 sq mi)|
|- average||58 m3/s (2,048 cu ft/s)|
Gucha River, referred to as the River Kuja by Luo community originates in the highlands of Kiabonyoru in Nyamira county passing through the heart of Gucha District running west through Migori country where it is joins the Migori River and flows as the Kuja-Migori River into Lake Victoria.
As it runs across the Gusii Land part of it becomes the Mogonga River, known for its deadly effects when it floods. Mogonga and Gucha are almost equal in size and they meet just 1 mile before flowing through the Ogembo Town center.
About 45km from Migori, the Gogo Falls dam was completed in 1956 with a hydropower capacity of 2MW, connected to the Kenyan national grid.. The dam is operated by Kenya Electricity Generating Company (Kengen). In 2014, Kenyan government announced an upgrade to the dam, to increase capacity to 12MW, regulate flow to prevent flooding, and allow irrigation of approximately 25,000ha. As of February 2016, the Orango irrigation intake and canals have been built downstream of the dam for the use of Okenge and Owiro farmers in Migori County, but construction of distributary channels have been delayed.
The Gogo Falls archaeological site is located near the dam.
- WRMA and JICA (July 2014). "Appendix 3-4 Gucha Migori River Basin Integrated Flood Management Plan Draft" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 Dec 2016. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Lake Basin Development Authority (June 2008). "PROPOSAL FOR A FEASIBILITY STUDY ON KUJA RIVER MULTIPURPOSE PROJECT" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-12-04. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- "HYDRO POWER STATIONS". www.kengen.co.ke. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- "Government to boost energy capacity of Gogo Falls". Standard Digital News. February 2014. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- "Endless wait for irrigation water dampens Nyatike farmers' hopes". Kenya News Agency. February 2016. Retrieved 4 December 2016.