Airline ground crew members include: airframe and powerplant technicians, avionics technicians, ramp agents, customer service agents, and flight dispatchers. Ground crew members are responsible for clearing the runway and gate area of any debris or garbage, in order to prevent foreign object damage by an object being sucked into an engine. The crew visually inspects the tarmac and removes any items found; this is typically called a "FOD walk" and is done prior to aircraft arrival and departure.
- Aircraft maintenance
- Aircraft maintenance checks
- Aircraft maintenance engineer
- Aircraft maintenance technician
- Maintenance resource management
- Maintenance, repair, and operations