Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture
|Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture|
|Awarded for||Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture|
|Presented by||Hollywood Foreign Press Association|
|Currently held by||Sylvester Stallone for Creed (2015)|
The Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture was first awarded by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association in 1944 for a performance in a motion picture released in the previous year.
The formal title has varied since its inception; since 2005, the award has officially been called "Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture".
- "†" indicates the winner of the Academy Award.
- "×" indicates a Golden Globe Award-winner who was not nominated for an Academy Award.
- "‡" indicates a Golden Globe Award-nominee who was also nominated for an Academy Award.
Winners and nominees
|1943||Akim Tamiroff ‡||Pablo||For Whom the Bell Tolls|
|1944||Barry Fitzgerald †||Father Fitzgibbon||Going My Way|
|1945||J. Carrol Naish ‡||Charley Martin||A Medal for Benny|
|1946||Clifton Webb ‡||Elliott Templeton||The Razor's Edge|
|1947||Edmund Gwenn †||Kris Kringle||Miracle on 34th Street|
|1948||Walter Huston †||Howard||The Treasure of the Sierra Madre|
|1949||James Whitmore ‡||Kinnie||Battleground|
|David Brian||John Gavin Stevens||Intruder in the Dust|
- Richard Attenborough (consecutive)
- Edmund Gwenn
- Martin Landau
- Edmond O'Brien
- Christoph Waltz
- Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor
- BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Male
- Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Supporting Actor
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role
- "Golden Globe Winners for the year 1974 held in 1975". Golden Globe Award. United States: Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA). Retrieved November 24, 2016.