|Date of birth:||October 4, 1974|
|Place of birth:||Ligonier, Indiana|
|NFL Draft:||1998 / Round: 4 / Pick: 105|
|Career NFL statistics|
James Lendale Steele, Jr. (//; born October 4, 1974) is a former professional American football defensive lineman who played his entire six-year National Football League career with the Cincinnati Bengals who drafted him in the 1998 NFL Draft. He is also former All-American defensive end for the University of Michigan Wolverines football team and was a member of the undefeated national champion 1997 Michigan Wolverines football team.
Steele attended West Noble High School. Steele, who wore #81 for the Michigan Wolverines, redshirted as a freshman in during the 1993 NCAA Division I-A football season and earned varsity letters in each of the subsequent four seasons from 1994 to 1997. He played for the 1997 Michigan Wolverines football team that won a national championship. He won the Dick Katcher Award as the top Michigan defensive lineman in 1997. Steele had 45 tackles for loss and 24 career quarterback sacks at Michigan, second most in team history at the time of his graduation. He was named a first team All Big Ten player in 1997 and was also selected as a first team All-American by the American Football Coaches Association.
Steele was selected by the Cincinnati Bengals in the fourth round of the 1998 NFL Draft with the 105th selection overall. Steele played in 80 consecutive games with the Bengals between 1999 and 2003 before being released on September 5, 2004. Steele had signed with the New York Giants during the offseason following the 2003 season. He was released on July 30, 2004 and signed by the Bengals who later released him. He later tried out with the San Francisco 49ers.
- "Glen Steele". databaseFootball.com. databaseSports.com.
- "Bentley Historical Library -- -- U of M Football Rosters: Steele". The Regents of the University of Michigan.
- "Glen Steele". The Regents of the University of Michigan.
- "1997 Football Team". The Regents of the University of Michigan.
- "1998 NFL Player Draft". databaseFootball.com. databaseSports.com.
- "#70 Glen Steele - DT". ESPN Internet Ventures. 2007.
- Pasquarelli, Len. "NY further helps defense with ex-Bengal". ESPN Internet Ventures.
- Goheen, Kevin (2004-08-10). "Steele adds depth to line". The Cincinnati Post. E. W. Scripps Company. p. C6.