Glasgow Clyde College
|Type||College of Further Education|
|Established||1 August 2013|
Glasgow Clyde College is a further and higher education college, located in the Scottish city of Glasgow. It was created following the mergers of Anniesland College, Cardonald College and Langside College in August 2013.
In January 2012, Langside College first entered merger talks with Cardonald College and Anniesland College.
On 30 July 2012, the colleges agreed to push ahead with merger plans and named The Guardian reporter and Cardonald College journalism lecturer, Kirsty Scott, the Merger Communications Manager.
On 1 August 2013, Anniesland College, Cardonald College and Langside College was merged to form Glasgow Clyde College.
Anniesland Campus (Formerly Anniesland College) is located in Anniesland. The college has 7 schools, offering a range of courses and levels of study, full-time, part-time or flexibly. This new building is at Hatfield Drive, with a -3 storey classroom block, 2 storey workshops, a multimedia library and nursery.
Cardonald Campus (Formerly Cardonald College) is situated at South Cardonald area of Cardonald, close to Mosspark.
Officially opened in 1972, it has over 12,000 full-time and part-time students. Cardonald Campus takes both students who have just left school and mature students.
The Main Campus was refurbished in the late 2000s.
Langside Campus (Formerly Langside College) is located in the Mount Florida / Battlefield region of Glasgow.
Langside Campus enrols over 5,000 students every year of whom many are from countries outwith the European Union. There are four buildings on-site, the main campus (known as the Battlefield Building), and three others - the 1568 Theatre, The LITEhouse and the Mary Stuart Building. ( Formerly known as the Business School.)
Phase 1 of a newly built main campus was opened in May 2009, while phase 2, incorporating new sport, music and drama facilities, opened in August 2010. The final phase - an outdoor sports facility - was completed in February 2011.
- "Exclusive: Cardonald College opens merger talks with Anniesland College « The Cardonald Courier". Thecardonaldcourier.com. 17 November 2011. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- "Langside College enters Cardonald merger talks as principal names the date « The Cardonald Courier". Thecardonaldcourier.com. 28 March 2012. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- "More Glasgow colleges merge". Local News Glasgow. 1 August 2012. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- Victoria Weldon (28 August 2012). "Views on colleges merger wanted". Herald Scotland. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- Blane, Douglas (14 December 2012). "Principal appointed for new super college". The Cardonald Courier. Retrieved 20 December 2012.