|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||May 6, 1994|
|Place of birth:||Miami, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||218 lb (99 kg)|
|High school:||Miami (FL) Southridge|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 7 / Pick: 239|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Gerod Holliman (born May 6, 1994) is an American football safety who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the seventh round of the 2015 NFL Draft, but was cut when the team reduced the roster to 53 players. He played college football at Louisville. Holliman has also been a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Holliman attended Miami Southridge High School in Miami, Florida, where he played football mainly as a safety. As a senior, he led Dade County with 12 interceptions, returning five for touchdowns. In a game vs. Coral Reef, he recorded an 80-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, a 38-yard interception return for a score, caught six passes for 78 yards and rushed six times for 118 yards, including a 70-yard touchdown run. In track & field, Holliman posted personal-best times of 23.5 seconds in the 200-meter dash and 53.84 seconds in the 400-meter dash as a senior.
After high school, Holliman attended Milford Academy for a year.
Regarded as a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Holliman was ranked as the fourth best safety in his class. He was ranked as a four-star prospect and the No. 10 safety according to Scout.com. He was considered one of the hardest hitters in the state of Florida, and was ranked 49th on ESPN.com's Top 150 and was viewed as the third-ranked safety. He was rated by 247Sports.com as the 107th-best prospect, the sixth-best safety and the 21st-ranked player in the state. He also ranked 193rd on Tom Lemming's list. Described as a safety prospect who seems to always be around the ball, great at diagnosing the run plays versus passes and quick to come up and hit a running back, he originally committed to the University of Mississippi to play college football, but changed it to the University of Louisville. He also received scholarship offers from Cincinnati, Miami, West Virginia, Tennessee and Nebraska, among others.
As a true freshman at Louisville in 2012, Holliman played in only three games due to a shoulder injury. As a redshirt freshman in 2013, he played in 11 games with two starts and recorded 16 tackles. Holliman became a first year starter as a redshirt sophomore in 2014. He finished the season with a NCAA record-tying 14 interceptions. He won the Jim Thorpe Award and was named a consensus All-American.
After his junior season, Holliman entered the 2015 NFL Draft.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 0 in||218 lb||4.62 s||1.58 s||2.71 s||4.37 s||7.03 s||9 ft 1 in||17 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine and Pro Day|
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Holliman was signed to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' practice squad on December 30, 2015. He signed a reserve/future contact with the team on January 5, 2016. He was released by the Buccaneers on April 29, 2016.
- "Steelers reduce roster to 53 players - sign cornerback Ross Cockrell". www.steelers.com. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "HERALD SPOTLIGHT: Gerod Holliman – High School Sports Blog". typepad.com.
- "Gerrod Holliman – Stats". flrunners.com.
- "Louisville football safety Gerod Holliman had to take detour to follow his friends, become a Cardinal". The Courier-Journal. October 3, 2013.
- "Gerod Holliman". yahoo.com.
- "Gerod Holliman thriving in new role for Louisville Cardinals". ESPN.com.
- Jeff Greer, @jeffgreer_cj (September 22, 2014). "Upon Review: Inside Louisville safety Gerod Holliman's ball-hawking". The Courier-Journal.
- "Gerod Holliman ties national interception record in Louisville's win over Kentucky". The Courier-Journal. November 29, 2014.
- "Louisville's Gerod Holliman wins Jim Thorpe Award". ESPN.com.
- "Louisville football's Gerod Holliman named All-American and top defensive back". The Courier-Journal. December 11, 2014.
- "Louisville safety Gerod Holliman entering NFL Draft". Sporting News.
- "Gerod Holliman, FS". CBSSports.com.
- "GEROD HOLLIMAN". foxsports.com. Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- "Tampa Bay Buccaneers Transactions - 2016". espn.go.com. Retrieved July 28, 2016.