|No. 42, 21, 40|
|Date of birth:||June 28, 1984|
|Place of birth:||Rancho Cucamonga, California|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||209 lb (95 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||2007 / Round: 2 / Pick: 61|
|Career NFL statistics|
He was one of the players who helped lead Boise State to their improbable Fiesta Bowl win over Oklahoma in the 2006 season. While at Boise State, Alexander was a four-time First-Team All-WAC selection.
Alexander played all 16 games of his rookie season when safety Daniel Bullocks suffered a season-ending knee injury during a preseason game against the Indianapolis Colts. During that 2007 season Gerald recorded 81 tackles, 59 solo and 22 assisted. He also had 2 sacks, interceptions and fumble recoveries.
On June 26, 2009, he was traded to the Jacksonville Jaguars for Dennis Northcutt. On October 19, 2010, the Jaguars released Alexander.
Alexander signed with the Miami Dolphins on August 28, 2011. Alexander was released on September 2, 2011 by the Miami Dolphins. Re-signed on October 19, 2011.
New York Jets
|Year||Team||Games||Combined Tackles||Tackles||Assisted Tackles||Sacks||Forced Fumbles||Fumble Recoveries||Fumble Return Yards||Interceptions||Interception Return Yards||Average Yards per Interception Return||Longest Interception Return||Interceptions Returned for Touchdown||Pass Defeneded||Stuffs||Stuff Yards||Kick Blocks|
- "Jaguars continue roster shuffling; Alexander released". jagsreport.com.
- "Panthers add depth at quarterback and safety". charlotteobserver.com.
- Mehta, Manish (13 December 2011). "Jets sign Gerald Alexander to take Jim Leonhard's spot on roster". New York Daily News. Archived from the original on 13 December 2011. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- Vrentas, Jenny (14 March 2012). "Free-agent receiver Chaz Schilens to visit Jets". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 14 March 2012. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Gerald Alexander Stats". ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 22 January 2014.