1 April 1917|
|Died||20 December 2011 94)(aged|
|Years of service||1937–45|
|Rank||Hauptmann of the Reserves|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Georg Störck (1 April 1917 – 20 December 2011) was a highly decorated Hauptmann of the Reserves in the Wehrmacht during World War II, and a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves of Nazi Germany.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (25 October 1939) & 1st Class (25 August 1941)
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (28 August 1941)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- The Heerespersonalamt (HPA—Army Staff Office) received Georg Störck's nomination for the Oak Leaves, which had been sent on 18 February 1945, via teleprinter message on 26 February 1945. Major Joachim Domaschk requested on 3 March via teleprinter message from the nominating Führer-Begleit Division a detailed statement regarding the actions leading to the nomination. This statement was received by the HPA via the AOK 17 on 9 March. Major Domaschk approved this nomination on 10 March, indicating "Oak Leaves yes". Another nomination, bypassing the official command chain, was also submitted directly to the Führer's Adjutant of the Wehrmacht. This nomination was also submitted for official processing to the HPA on 11 March, where it arrived on 13 March. Domaschk then revoked his earlier decision and stated: "Insufficient explanatory statement, Requesting more details!". No further comments regarding the presentation or work in progress have been noted. The nomination list of the higher grade of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves indicates an entry date of 2 March 1945. Also noted is forwarding date of the Führer on 11 March. A presentation date is not stated. A comment indicating "Unfinished" was noted. Major Domaschk apparently halted the approval process on 13 March and was waiting for further clarifying information. It appears that this information never arrived before the end of the war. The Order Commission of the Association of Knight's Cross Recipients (AKCR) processed this case in 1978 and decided: "Oak Leaves yes, 9 May 1945". According to the AKCR the award was presented in accordance with the Dönitz-decree. This is illegal according to the Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt) and lacks legal justification. The presentation number "880" was assigned by the AKCR. The presentation date was assigned by Fellgiebel. Störck was a member of the AKCR.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2300-9.