Gamma is the third letter of the Greek alphabet.
Gamma may also refer to:
Science and mathematics
- Gamma wave, a type of brain wave
- Latin gamma (ɣ), used as an IPA symbol for voiced velar fricative, and in the alphabets of African languages
- Tropical Storm Gamma (2005), an Atlantic tropical storm
- GAMMA, an extensive air shower array in Armenia
Lower case, γ
- Gamma correction, a property of images and video displays
- Euler–Mascheroni constant, a mathematical constant
- Gamma test (statistics), sometimes called Goodman and Kruskal's gamma, a non-parametric statistical test for strength of association.
- Gamma ray, also gamma radiation, an electromagnetic ray
- Photon, seen as an elementary particle in physics
- Propagation constant of an electromagnetic wave
- Bayer designation, the third-brightest star
- Adiabatic index or heat capacity ratio, the ratio of the heat capacity at constant pressure to that at constant volume
- Used to denote shear strain or surface tension in engineering
- Body effect on threshold voltage in field-effect transistor technology
- gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid, a narcotic (GHB)
- Lindane or gamma-hexachlorocyclohexane, an insecticide
- Lorentz factor in relativity theory and astronomy
- Gamma (eclipse) denotes how central (how close to the middle of the body) an eclipse is.
- Voiced velar fricative in phonetics
Upper case, Γ
- Gamma distribution, a probability distribution function
- Gamma function, a mathematical function
- P-adic gamma function, a mathematical function
- Christoffel symbols in general relativity
- Circulation (fluid dynamics)
- Reflection coefficient in electrical engineering
- Gamma (finance), in Quantitative Finance, a second order derivative of an option pricing formula versus the underlying spot price.
- Center of the Brillouin zone
- Feferman–Schütte ordinal Γ0
- In inorganic chemistry, the representation of a molecule's symmetry elements
- Decay width of a particle in high-energy physics
- Typing environment within a type system
- Gamma software, a stage in the software release life cycle
- Gamma correction, in video, graphics, color spaces, and photographic imaging
- Elias gamma coding, in computer science, encoding, compression
- GM Gamma platform, a subcompact automobile platform by General Motors
- Bristol Siddeley Gamma, a family of British rocket engines
- Design Patterns, a software engineering book by Erich Gamma et al.
- Hyundai Gamma engine, a family of 1.6 L gasoline inline-4 engines
- Suzuki RG250 Gamma, a two-stroke motorcycle
- Gamma (store), a Dutch Hardware store-chain
- Gamma Group, developers of FinFisher, and associated suites of malware
- Gamma (agency), a French photo agency
- Gamma (band), a rock band
- Gamma (miniseries), a 1975 Italian television miniseries
- Gamma (wrestler), a Japanese professional wrestler working for the Dragon Gate promotion
- E-102 Gamma, one of the E-Series characters in the Sonic the Hedgehog series of video games
- Gamma Akutabi, a fictional character from the manga Zombiepowder.
- GAMMA, an acronym for the Gay and Married Men Association
- Gamma AI, AKA Gary, a character of the popular web series Red vs. Blue
- Gamma Metroids, an evolution of the Metroid species from the game Metroid II: Return of Samus
- Gamma radiation (or energy, or power) is the responsible for creation of, and the power source to, the The Incredible Hulk and other derivative characters.
- Gamma, a classification of Sensitive Compartmented Information
- Gamma, Missouri, a community in the United States