|No. 60 Cleveland Browns|
|Date of birth:||September 26, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma|
|Height:||6 ft 3.7 in (1.92 m)|
|Weight:||314 lb (142 kg)|
|High school:||Oklahoma City (OK) Bishop McGuinness|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Gabe Ikard (born September 26, 1990) is an American football center for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League. He was signed by the Tennessee Titans as an undrafted free agent in 2014. He played college football at Oklahoma.
High school career
Ikard attended Bishop McGuinness High School in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He had 29 receptions for 542 yards and nine touchdowns as a tight end in 2008, and also recorded 68 tackles and two interceptions, including six sacks and one defensive touchdown. He was named district 4A-1 Defensive Player of the Year, and earned The Oklahoman Little All-City Defensive Player of the Year.
After redshirting in 2009, Ikard would become the starting left guard for Oklahoma in the final 12 games of the season, while appearing in all 14. In 2011, he started the first three games at left guard before sliding over to center for seven games due to an injury, then returning to left guard for the final three games of the season. He was named a third team All-American by the Associated Press and first team All-Big 12. In 2012, he played in 12 games, starting all 12 at center, while earning first team All-Big 12 honours once again. In his final season in 2013, he started all 13 games while being named first-team All-Big 12 for the third consecutive season.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 4 in||304 lb||33 1⁄8 in||9 5⁄8 in||5.10 s||1.81 s||2.95 s||4.37 s||7.30 s||26 in||8 ft 7 in||22 reps||41|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Ikard signed with the Tennessee Titans as an undrafted free agent in 2014. He spent his entire rookie season on injured reserve following a knee injury in the preseason. He was released during final roster cuts in 2015.
On December 7, 2015, the Cleveland Browns claimed Ikard off waivers from the Buffalo Bills after placing offensive guard Joel Bitonio on injured reserve. Ikard was waived on December 14, 2015 and was replaced by offensive lineman Kaleb Johnson.
On December 15, 2015, the Detroit Lions signed Ikard to the active roster after cutting right guard LaAdrian Waddle and placing tight end Brandon Pettigrew on injured reserve. On September 3, 2016, he was waived by the Lions.
Second stint with the Bills
Second stint with the Browns
- Little All-City defensive player of the year: ‘Crazy’ 2008 for Ikard
- Gabe Ikard - Yahoo Sports
- IKARD ACADEMIC ALL-AMERICAN OF THE YEAR
- Rodak, Mike (September 6, 2015). "Bills claim center Gabe Ikard off waivers from Titans". ESPN.com. Retrieved September 14, 2015.
- "Bills promote RB Mike Gillislee to 53-man roster". www.buffalobills.com. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "Browns claim Gabe Ikard; place Joel Bitonio on injured reserve". www.clevelandbrowns.com. Retrieved 2015-12-09.
- "Browns place DB Joe Haden on injured reserve, add 2 to roster". ClevelandBrowns.com. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- Katzenstein, Josh (December 15, 2015). "Lions waive RT LaAdrian Waddle". Detroit News. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "Lions establish 53-man roster". DetroitLions.com.
- "Bills sign four to practice squad".
- "Bills call OL Ikard up from practice squad; release LB Albright". BuffaloBills.com.
- Brown, Chris (October 21, 2016). "Shaq Lawson added to active roster; to make NFL debut Sunday". BuffaloBills.com.
- "Browns claim QB Joe Callahan, OL Gabe Ikard". ClevelandBrowns.com. October 24, 2016.