|Elevation||2,429 m (7,969 ft)|
|Traversed by||Road 19|
|Coordinates||46°34′21″N 08°24′54″E / 46.57250°N 8.41500°ECoordinates: 46°34′21″N 08°24′54″E / 46.57250°N 8.41500°E|
Location in Switzerland
Furka Pass, with an elevation of 2,429 metres (7,969 ft), is a high mountain pass in the Swiss Alps connecting Gletsch, Valais with Realp, Uri. The Furka-Oberalp-Bahn line through the Furka Tunnel bypasses the pass. The base tunnel opened in 1982 and replaced a tunnel at 2100 m.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to:|
- Furka Pass in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Furka Cycling Profile, Maps, and Photos
- Furka Cogwheel Steam Railway
- Profile on climbbybike.com
- Cycling up to the Furkapass: data, profile, map, photos and description