|Comune di Fucecchio|
Location of Fucecchio in Italy
|Coordinates: 43°44′N 10°48′E / 43.733°N 10.800°ECoordinates: 43°44′N 10°48′E / 43.733°N 10.800°E|
|Province / Metropolitan city||Florence (FI)|
|Frazioni||Galleno, Le Botteghe, Massarella, Pinete, Ponte a Cappiano, Querce, San Pierino, Torre|
|• Mayor||Claudio Toni|
|• Total||65 km2 (25 sq mi)|
|Elevation||25 m (82 ft)|
|Population (1 January 2007)|
|• Density||340/km2 (890/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||St. Candidus|
|Saint day||June 24|
Fucecchio is a town and comune of the province of Firenze in the Italian region of Tuscany. The main economical resources of the city are the leather industries, shoes industry and other manufacturing activities, although in the recent years their number has been decreasing because of a slight recession started.
The medieval town of Fucecchio is mentioned frequently in the opera Gianni Schicchi (1917) by Giacomo Puccini - one character, Simone, was once its podestà, and some of the estates to be distributed are situated there.
- Collegiata di San Giovanni Battista (11th century, but redone in Neo-Classicist style in the 18th century).
- Abbey of San Salvatore, founded in 1001. It houses a painting by Jacopo Chimenti, derived from a similar one by Giorgio Vasari.
- Oratory of Madonna della Ferruzza.
- Palazzo Corsini.
People born in Fucecchio include:
- Marco Bracci, volleyball player
- Luca Cecconi, football manager and former striker
- Enrico da Fucecchio, Bishop of Luni
- Manuela Falorni, best known as "la Venere bianca", pornographic actress
- Alessandro Lambruschini, long-distance runner
- Giuseppe Montanelli, writer and politician
- Indro Montanelli, writer and journalist
- Andrea Tafi, cyclist
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fucecchio.|