17 March 1918|
Munich, German Empire
3 April 1945 27) (aged|
Fürstenfeld, Greater German Reich
|Years of service||1935–1945|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
Fritz Vogt (17 March 1918 – 3 April 1945) was a Sturmbannführer in the Waffen-SS during World War II who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. Vogt volunteered for the SS in April 1935; in April 1939 he was posted to the SS Panzer Division Das Reich as a platoon leader. In September 1939 he took part in the Polish Campaign, and in 1940 the Battle of France. He was awarded the Knight's Cross on the 4 September 1940. He took part in the Operation Marita and Operation Barbarossa.
At the end of October 1943, he took over command of the 1st Battalion, 23rd Panzer Grenadier Regiment Norge, 11th SS Volunteer Panzer Grenadier Division Nordland at Leningrad. His battalion suffered heavy casualties during the Soviet winter offensive and was withdrawn to Germany to refit. At the end of 1944 his regiment was relocated to Hungary to reinforce the 5th SS Panzergrenadier Division Wiking. In March 1945 he was awarded the Oak leaves to the Knight's Cross. Vogt was killed in action on 3 April 1945.
- Iron Cross (1939)
- German Cross in Gold on 8 February 1942 as SS-Obersturmführer in the 2./SS-Aufklärungs-Abteilung "Das Reich"
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall. ISBN 978-3-931533-45-8.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2300-9.