Fred Nixon in 1981
|Date of birth:||September 22, 1958|
|Place of birth:||Camilla, Georgia|
|College:||University of Oklahoma|
|NFL Draft:||1980 / Round: 4 / Pick: 87|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Nixon was born Frederick Lenar Nixon on September 22, 1958 in Camilla, Georgia, United States.
He played at the collegiate level at the University of Oklahoma.
Green Bay Packers
Nixon was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the fourth round of the 1980 NFL Draft and played two seasons with the team. He returned for a third season, but was placed on the injured reserve list with a stress fracture of the foot on August 24, 1982 through the entire 1982 season. The Packers released him on March 2, 1983.
Nixon signed with the Oklahoma Outlaws of the USFL on October 11, 1983. On January 26, 1984, while at training camp in Tampa, Florida he was hospitalized with heat exhaustion. Shortly after his illness, Nixon retired from the team.
- Cribs quits Bills The Bryan Times, accessed December 7, 2013
- Packers Waive Former Sooner NEWSOK, accessed December 7, 2013
- Outlaws sign ex-sooner NEWSOK, accessed December 7, 2013
- Photos Will Offer Clues on Those Outlaws Will Keep for 1984 NEWSOK, accessed December 7, 2013
- Sports shorts The Lewiston Daily Sun, accessed December 7, 2013