Franklin I. Gamwell
Franklin I. Gamwell is a scholar of the philosophy of religion, Christian theology, and philosophical ethics. He is the Shailer Mathews Distinguished Service Professor Emeritus of Religious Ethics, the Philosophy of Religions, and Theology at the Divinity School of the University of Chicago, where he also has served as dean. He is a Presbyterian minister (B.D., Union Theological Seminary) with a strong interest in democracy and justice.
Gamwell also serves on the board of directors of Protestants for the Common Good, a nonprofit education and advocacy organization based in Chicago.
- Democracy on Purpose: Justice and the Reality of God
- The Divine Good: Modern Moral Theory and the Necessity of God
- The Meaning of Religious Freedom: Modern Politics and the Democratic Resolution
- Politics as a Christian Vocation: Faith and Democracy Today
- "The University of Chicago - Faculty Profile". Retrieved 9 September 2011.