Born: September 15, 1997|
Alamo Heights, Texas
Whitley attended Alamo Heights High School in San Antonio, Texas. In the summer prior to his senior year he was a member of the 18U National Team that won the World Cup. Whitley threw a no-hitter with 14 strikeouts in a game during his senior year.
Whitley is considered a top prospect for the 2016 Major League Baseball Draft. He was committed to Florida State University to play college baseball, but instead decided to sign with the Astros. He was assigned on July 13, 2016 to the Gulf Coast League Astros, a Rookie-level team. He was later promoted to the Greeneville Astros. He finished the 2016 season with a 1-2 record and a 4.82 ERA.
- Campbell, David (June 8, 2016). "College Station to face one of state's best pitchers in Whitley". Brazo Sports.
- Champ, Mark (May 14, 2016). "No-hit loss to Alamo Heights ends McCallum's season". Statesman.
- Staff, By Danny Davis – American-Statesman. "Georgetown takes its shot at dealing Alamo Heights ace a...".
- Staff, By Kevin Lyttle – American-Statesman. "Forrest Whitley, pitching in Class 5A semis, could be Astros'...".
- "Alamo Heights' Whitley remains calm in busy time".
- "Gulf Coast League Transactions". MiLB.com. Retrieved 14 July 2016.