Ford Lio Ho Motor
Ford Lio Ho Motor headquarter
|Headquarters||Chungli District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan|
Ford Motor Company (70%)|
Liou Ho Spinning (30%)
|Ford Lio Ho Motor|
Ford Lio Ho Motor (Chinese: 福特六和汽車) is a Taiwanese-based automaker and the primary dealer of Ford vehicles in Taiwan formed in 1972. It is 70 per cent owned by Dearborn, Michigan-based Ford Motor Company. The remaining 30 per cent is owned by investors in the former Lio Ho Automotive Industrial Corporation, which previously assembled Toyota vehicles.
It began operations in 1973, assembling Ford models like the Cortina, Escort, and Granada. In the 1980s, it began assembly of Mazda-based models, such as the Laser (Mazda 323), Telstar (Mazda 626) and Festiva (Mazda 121).
Former Ford models unique to Taiwan include the Ford Tierra, based on the Mazda 323 sedan, but with different styling from the similar Ford Laser, the Ford Activa, a rebadged Mazda 323 sedan and hatchback, and the Ford Mondeo Metrostar, based on the European Mondeo sedan.
Taiwan-market Ford and Mazda vehicles include locally assembled Ford Mondeo, Ford Focus, Ford Fiesta, Ford Escape, Mazda 3, Mazda 5, and Mazda Tribute. Also, all 2007 model year Asia/Pacific (except South Korean-market) Ford Escapes, Explorers and Expeditions are assembled by Ford Liou Ho. The Taiwan-assembled Mondeo is also exported to China and Saudi Arabia. After the ban on diesel-engined passenger cars was lifted in Taiwan in 2004, Ford Liou Ho became the first local manufacturer to build a diesel car. This was a diesel Focus, introduced in August 2007.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ford Lio Ho Motor.|
- "Ford Lio Ho rolls out 2 millionth car". taipeitimes.com. Taipei Times. 20 November 2010. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- Multinational corporations and United States foreign policy: Hearings, Ninety-third Congress [Ninety-fourth Congress, second session], Part 3, U.S. Government Printing Office, 1973, page 180
- Directory of Taiwan, 1980
- Japanese Motor Business. Economist Intelligence Unit. 1994. p. 56.
Ford's Taiwanese affiliate, Ford Lio Ho, has been involved in the alliance. Ford Lio Ho makes the Ford Festiva (based on the previous generation Mazda 121), the Ford Laser and the Ford Telstar, as well as commercial vehicles based on the Mazda Bongo.
- Trade Opportunities in Taiwan, Volume 15, Issues 1-26, Far East Trade Services, Incorporated, 1987, page 19
- Ford's Mondeo Metrostar takes lead, Billy Chamberlin, The China Post August 10, 2001
- "Ford Liou Ho Motor, Yulon Motor, China Motor in Taiwan planning to expand exports of complete vehicles". Automotive Information Platform. MarkLines (625). 2007-11-23. Retrieved 2012-12-04.