Fons van de Vijver
Alphonsius Josephus Rachel (Fons) van de Vijver (born 4 October 1952, Koewacht) is a Dutch psychologist and Professor of Cross-Cultural Psychology at the Tilburg University, the North-West University and the University of Queensland, known for his work on cross-cultural research and on "methods and data analysis of comparative research".
Van de Vijver received both his MA and in 1991 his PhD in Psychology at the Tilburg University. He is appointed Professor cross-cultural psychology at Tilburg University, and is also Professor at the North-West University in South Africa and the University of Queensland in Australia. In 2013 he and Maria Cristina Richaud received the APA Award for Distinguished Contributions to the International Advancement of Psychology.
- Van de Vijver, Fons JR. Methods and data analysis for cross-cultural research. Vol. 1. Sage, 1997.
- Van de Vijver, Fons, and Kwok Leung. Methods and data analysis of comparative research. Allyn & Bacon, 1997.
- Harkness, Janet A., Fons JR Van de Vijver, and Peter Ph Mohler. Cross-cultural survey methods. J. Wiley, 2003.
Articles, a selection:
- Van de Vijver, Fons, and Ronald K. Hambleton. "Translating tests: Some practical guidelines." European Psychologist 1.2 (1996): 89.
- Curriculum vitae
- Cheung, Gordon W., and Roger B. Rensvold. "Assessing extreme and acquiescence response sets in cross-cultural research using structural equations modeling." Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology 31.2 (2000): 187-212.
- Hofstede, Geert, and Robert R. McCrae. "Personality and culture revisited: Linking traits and dimensions of culture." Cross-cultural research 38.1 (2004): 52-88.
- Gregory J Boyle, Gerald Matthews, Donald H Saklofske (2008) The SAGE Handbook of Personality Theory and Assessment. p. xxiii
- Fons van de Vijver Condensed CV, 2013.
- Fons van de Vijver Google Scholar profile.
- Fons van de Vijver homepage