Financial services industry of the United Kingdom
The financial services industry of the United Kingdom contributed a gross value of £86,145 million to the UK economy in 2004. The industry employed around 1.2 million people in the third quarter of 2012 (around 4% of the British workforce).
The estimated amount of total taxes paid by the Financial Services Sector in the year to 31 March 2012 is £63bn, 11.6% of the total UK government tax receipts.
- Economy of London § Financial services
- Economy of the United Kingdom § Financial and business services
- Financial centre
- Financial services § Financial exports
- Global financial system
- Insurance in the United Kingdom
- List of banks in the United Kingdom
- List of institutional investors in the United Kingdom
- UK company law
- "United Kingdom National Accounts The Blue Book 2006" (PDF). 2006-07-21. Retrieved 2013-03-20.
- "The Total Tax Contribution of UK Financial Services" (PDF). December 2012. Retrieved 2013-04-19.