March 31, 2007 (Long Island and New Jersey)|
May 28, 2014 (Lower Hudson Valley
(480i letterboxed for SDTV feed)
"News. Weather. Traffic."|
"Bringing you the world outside your door."
"The 1 place for everything on our island." (Long Island only)
"We're all over the lower Hudson Valley." (Lower Hudson Valley only)
"The 1 place for what's happening in New Jersey." (New Jersey only)
|Broadcast area||New Jersey, Long Island, Lower Hudson Valley|
Select Markets Only
FiOS1 is a group of regional networks available exclusively on Verizon's Fios TV service. Launched in March 31, 2007 in Long Island and New Jersey and later in May 28, 2014 in Lower Hudson Valley, FiOS1 provide news, weather, traffic, sports and original programming. FiOS1 is only available in Northern New Jersey, Long Island, and Lower Hudson Valley.
These networks include content produced by RNN. In addition the networks also produce their own newscasts. Sports coverage features local high schools and colleges such as Rutgers University, Hofstra University and Princeton University.
Current on-air personalities include Morning: Co-anchors: CJ Papa and Christine Persichette Meteorologist: Brian Fitzgerald Traffic reporters: Lorin Richardson and Gloria Chapa
Daytime: Anchors: Christa Lauri Meteorologists: Joe Cioffi Evening: Co-Anchors: Mike Gilliam and Courtney Kane Meteorologist: Joe Cioffi
FiOS1 is on Channel 1 in SD and Channel 501 in HD in the FiOS TV channel lineup and is available at no extra cost to FiOS TV subscribers in the broadcast area. It delivers news, traffic and weather all day.
Similar to its competitor, NY1, FiOS1's rolling news block starts with a brief summary of the day's top stories. Every 10 minutes on the 1's, "Weather on the 1's" is aired, which contains weather conditions around the area and on Rush hour, traffic updates are shown after the weather. Another brief summer is also aired about five mintues before every half hour. FiOS 1 airs full news, weather, and traffic summaries every weekday from 5 AM to 10 AM, 12 PM, 1 PM to 2:30, at the top of the hour from 3 to 4 PM, and again at 5 to 6 PM and 10 to 11:30 PM.
A Majority of the stories are pre-recorded, even segments are recorded as if they're recorded live. However, if the story is breaking, a live indicator is added. Sports reports are also featured in a daily basis during its rolling block of news.
- New Jersey Central Report
- This is Jersey
- One on One
- Life and Living
- Caucus New Jersey
- New Jersey Means Business
- Giants Access Blue
- FiOS1 News This Week
- Restaurant Hunter
- FIOS1 News, Weather & Traffic
The following programs are offered for all regions:
- FIOS1 News Morning Edition
- FIOS1 News Evening Edition
- FIOS1 News Weekend Edition
- FIOS1 News Daytime Edition
- FIOS1 News Now
- Push Pause
In addition, All FiOS1 regional networks air local High School sports events in their respective region. Most of these regional newscasts and high school sports events, however, are pre-recorded.
FiOS1 News has a bar in the bottom of the screen, running 24/7, even during commercials. It features local breaking news, latest weather forecasts, traffic problems and sports scores. Another small bar at the bottom right of the screen features current ET time and current temperature.
- Mike Gilliam - Anchor / Reporter
- Jim Watkins - Anchor
- Rob Petrone - "Restaurant Hunters" host
- Molly Rokasy - Morning Anchor
- Megan Vega - Nighttime Anchor
- Christa Lauri - Daytime Anchor
Lower Hudson Valley
- Lorin Richardson - Morning Traffic Anchor / Reporter
- Christa Lauri - Daytime Anchor
- "Rutgers Athletics Partners with Verizon's FiOS TV". Scarletknights.com. June 22, 2009. Retrieved January 19, 2012.
- "Verizon | More Collegiate Sports Coming to Verizon's FiOS1: Princeton and Hofstra Are Latest Universities to Reach Agreements to Televise Football, Soccer and Much More". Newscenter.verizon.com. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to FiOS1.|
- Verizon FiOS 1 News Home Page
- Verizon FiOS 1 News - Lower Hudson Valley
- Verizon FiOS1 News - Long Island
- Verizon FiOS 1 News - New Jersey
- Verizon FiOS
- "Verizon Launches FiOS1 Channels on Long Island and in Northern New Jersey; Verizon FiOS Brings Consumers an Exciting, New Source for Hyper-Local Content With News, Sports, Traffic, Weather and So Much More". Verizon