Federal Office for the Environment
(German) Bundesamt für Umwelt|
(French) Office fédéral de l'environnement
(Italian) Ufficio federale dell'ambiente
(Romansh) Uffizi federal d'ambient
One of the buildings of the Federal Office for the Environment in Bern (2014).
|Formed||1971(renamed in 2006)|
|Jurisdiction||Federal administration of Switzerland|
|Parent agency||Federal Department of Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications|
The Federal Office for the Environment (German: Bundesamt für Umwelt; French: Office fédéral de l'environnement; Italian: Ufficio federale dell'ambiente) is the Swiss environmental agency, a division of the Federal Department of Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications.
The Federal Office for the Environment is responsible for matters of the environment, including the protection of plants and animals and the protection against noise, air pollution or natural hazards.
Notes and references
- Environmental movement in Switzerland
- Federal Ethics Committee on Non-Human Biotechnology
- Nature parks in Switzerland
- Philippe Roch, former director
- Waste management in Switzerland
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bundesamt für Umwelt BAFU.|
- Official website
- Environment in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.