Fayetteville, New York
|Fayetteville, New York|
Fayetteville Village Hall
Location in Onondaga County and the state of New York.
|Coordinates: 43°1′43″N 76°0′15″W / 43.02861°N 76.00417°WCoordinates: 43°1′43″N 76°0′15″W / 43.02861°N 76.00417°W|
|• Total||1.7 sq mi (4.5 km2)|
|• Land||1.7 sq mi (4.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||535 ft (163 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0949943|
Fayetteville is a village located in Onondaga County, New York, United States. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, the village had a population of 4,373. The village is named after the Marquis de Lafayette, a national hero of both France and the United States. It is part of the Syracuse Metropolitan Statistical Area.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.7 square miles (4.4 km2), all of it land.
In 2009, the Fayetteville Free Library was rated a 5-star public library by Library Journal. The Fayetteville Library provides many useful resources such as quiet areas, computer labs, and a snack bar for all ages to utilize and enjoy.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 11, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "American's Star Libraries." Library Journal. Retrieved on 03-12-2009.
- Media related to Fayetteville, New York at Wikimedia Commons
- Village of Fayetteville official website
- Town Info
- Fayetteville Free Library
- Fayetteville Free Library's historic collections on New York Heritage Digital Collections
- Registry of former residents (Post WWII era)