| IUPAC name
| Other names
|3D model (Jmol)||Interactive image|
|Molar mass||196.25 g·mol−1|
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
|(what is ?)|
Fasoracetam (NS-105, 5-oxo-D-prolinepiperidinamide monohydrate) is a research chemical of the racetam family. It is a nootropic, and has been in a clinical trial for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
In in vitro studies on mouse neurons, fasoracetam modulated mGluR II/III activity. In studies in rats, it blocked memory disruptions caused by baclofen, a GABAB agonist and upregulated production of GABAB receptors after repeat dosing.
- FDA/NIH Substance registration system. Page accessed March 21, 2016
- "5-oxo-D-prolinepiperidinamide monohydrate - Compound Summary". Retrieved 21 July 2013.
- "Drug Profile Fasoracetam".
- "A novel cognition enhancer NS-105 modulates adenylate cyclase activity through metabotropic glutamate receptors in primary neuronal culture."..
- "Involvement of cholinergic and GABAergic systems in the reversal of memory disruption by NS-105, a cognition enhancer.".
- "Effect of a novel cognition enhancer NS-105 on learned helplessness in rats: possible involvement of GABA(B) receptor up-regulation after repeated treatment.".