|Launched||April 1, 2014|
Rogers Media (66.64% and managing partner)|
FX Networks (33.36%)
(8834776 Canada Inc.)
1080i (HDTV) |
|Bell TV||Channel 1291 (HD)|
Channel 64 (SD)|
Channel 566 (HD)
|Source Cable||Channel 845 (HD)|
Channel 412 (SD)|
Channel 761 (HD)
|Bell Fibe TV||
Channel 332 (SD)|
Channel 1332 (HD)
Channel 9414 (SD)|
Channel 414 (HD)
Channel 88 (SD)|
Channel 388 (HD)
|Zazeen||Channel 102 (HD)|
FXX is a Canadian English-language Category B digital cable specialty channel that is owned by Rogers Media, a division of Rogers Communications, and the FX Networks subsidiary of 21st Century Fox. Based on the U.S. cable network of the same name, FXX is devoted primarily to scripted comedies for young adults.
It was reported that Rogers had plans to launch a Canadian version of FXX, a younger-skewing spinoff of FX. Originally scheduled for January 2014, FXX's launch was later rescheduled to April 1, 2014. As part of the launch, several shows which previously aired on FX Canada moved to FXX. In addition, a Canadian version of the FXNOW app, which allows viewers to watch shows from FX and FXX, was launched. On the day of the launch, FX Canada's website was completely revamped to include program information from both FX-branded channels.
It was revealed through CRTC regulatory documents that the broadcast licence used to launch FXX was the licence originally granted for a proposed channel called Ampersand. That licence requires the channel's programming to be related to "romance, love and relationships".
As with the Canadian version of FX, any new series produced for FXX in the U.S will air on this channel. In addition, FXX also airs several original shows that premiered on the U.S. version of FX (namely Fargo, Married, and You're the Worst).
Acquired from FX Networks
Other Acquired Programming
- 30 Rock
- Ali G: Rezurection
- Brand X with Russell Brand
- Da Vinci's Inquest
- Eastbound & Down
- The League
- The Office (U.S. TV series)
- Sons of Anarchy
- Totally Biased
- Two and a Half Men
- Rogers goes after younger audience with new FXX channel Toronto Star, January 14, 2014
- "Rogers Media Announces Launch of New Premium Specialty Channel FXX, April 1". Rogers Media TV Access. January 14, 2014. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- "Rogers Media to Launch FXX Canada in 2014 Via FX Networks Pact". Hollywood Reporter. May 29, 2013. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- "FAQ | FX Canada | Watch Full TV Episodes Online & See TV Schedule". Fxnowcanada.ca. Retrieved May 9, 2016.
- List of digital Category 1 and 2 services authorized for distribution; CRTC; undated
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2011-105 CRTC February 18, 2011
- "Schedule | FX Canada | Watch Full TV Episodes Online & See TV Schedule". Fxnowcanada.ca. Retrieved May 9, 2016.
- "FXX Canada". Tvschedule.zap2it.com. Retrieved May 9, 2016.
- "Boundary-pushing Programming Slate Unveiled for FXX, Launching April 1". Rogers Media TV Access. March 6, 2014. Retrieved March 6, 2014.
- "FXX-Planning-Spring-2014-2.pdf" (PDF). Rogers Media Inc. Retrieved March 27, 2014.