|Headquarters||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
|Moti Ben-Moshe (CEO)|
Extra Energy Supply Ltd (trading as extraenergy) is an independent retail energy supplier based in Birmingham, England. It supplies gas and electricity to domestic and SME customers. Extra Energy is part of Extra Holding, which operates in industries including telecoms, travel, insurance and energy. The group holds no debt and has high levels of liquidity.
The company was launched in the UK in April 2014 and has become the fastest growing energy supplier in the country. In November 2015, Extra Energy attracted 29.4% of all customers who switched energy supplier.
In February 2016, the company was chosen by the Sun newspaper as its partner energy supplier for its People Power deal, which is designed to save Sun readers money on their energy bills. The tariff saved customers switching from a Big Six firm an average of £358.
The company appointed Ben Jones, previously CEO of BES Utilities, as managing director of operations in 2015, and hired Richard Rose, formerly director of financial controlling at RWE npower, as chief financial officer.
- ""I have a plan for every IDB company" - Globes English". Globes. Retrieved 2016-05-03.
- "Extraenergy: why is it attracting so many customers?". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-05-03.
- "More switchers are moving away from the 'big six' energy suppliers". This is Money. Retrieved 2016-05-03.
- "We unveil the country's cheapest energy deal in five years". www.thesun.co.uk. 2016-02-13. Retrieved 2016-05-10.
- "ExtraEnergy, Energylinx for Business tells you about ExtraEnergy". www.energylinxforbusiness.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-05-03.
- Massy-Beresford., Helen (2014-08-23). "German Extra Energy to take on 'big six' with ambitious plans". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-05-03.
- "Who's behind new best buy energy company Extra Energy?". www.lovemoney.com. Retrieved 2016-05-10.
- Ben Jones at LinkedIN
- Richard Rose at LinkedIN