Eskimo Callboy playing at Reload Festival in Germany, 2015.
Radtone Music (Japan)
Universal Music (2015)
Sebastian "Sushi" Biesler|
Daniel "Danskimo" Haniß
|Past members||Michael "Micha" Malitzki|
The first self-titled EP was self-released in 2010 and was distributed via EMP. Later the band re-released the EP via their actual recording label Redfield Records. The band was support act for groups like Bakkushan, Callejon, Ohrbooten, We Butter the Bread with Butter and Neaera.
On festivals the group shared stage with acts like Casper, Distance in Embrace and Rantanplan. In 2011 they played at Traffic Jam Open Air and Mair1 Festival. Their debut album, Bury Me in Vegas was released on March 23, 2012 worldwide via Redfield Records. Between September 28 and September 30, 2012 the band toured in Japan on the Geki Rock Tour. After the Geki Rock the group toured China and Russian Federation. In October and November 2012 Eskimo Callboy was support act alongside the Electro duo WassBass (founded by Nico of K.I.Z) for Callejon on their Blitzkreuz Tour which lead through Germany and Austria. On the last show of the tour at Live Music Hall in Cologne on November 10, 2012, nine fans got hurt after pieces of the ceiling fell down in the moshpit area. The concert was stopped and re-scheduled on February 23, 2013, at E-Werk in Cologne. The band didn't appear on the new date because they were touring alongside The Browning, Close to Home and Intohimo through Europe on that time.
On November 17, 2012, the band announced after a concert in Düsseldorf that they part way with their drummer Michael Maletzki. He was replaced by David Friedrich. In April 2013 the band will tour the United States first time alongside Kottonmouth Kings and Deuce. In August 2013 the band had an appearance at Wacken Open Air. as well on the Geki Rock Tour in Japan The band was nomineed in the Category Up And Coming (best newcomer award) at the German Metal Hammer Awards which was held in Berlin on September 13, 2013. Eskimo Callboy won the award.
The band started recording their upcoming album at Kohlekeller Studios together with producer Kristian Kohlmannslehner in autumn of 2013. The album, which is entitled We Are the Mess, was released on January 10, 2014 via Redfield Records and Warner Music Japan. The band played five release shows in whole Germany supported by Annisokay. We Are the Mess peaked on 8th place in Germanys official longplay charts and on 64th place in Austria. Currently the band is touring throughout Japan to promote their album. In March the band will tour Europe supported by Iwrestledabearonce, Her Bright Skies and To the Rats and Wolves.
The band's musical style can be described as a mix of metalcore and post-hardcore with electronic music. The band's style is influenced by techno, so it can be called electronicore. The musicians named bands like Asking Alexandria and Attack Attack! as their musical influences. Their singer stated that the musicians don't feel like being a part of the "hardcore music scene".
The lyrics deal with themes like getting drunk, parties, and sex. The band call their music "Porno Metal" (English Porn Metal). Users of German music portal Allschools criticized the music of Eskimo Callboy as being misogynistic, homophobic, and misanthropic. In an interview with the German FUZE magazine, vocalist Sebastian Biesler meant that the lyrics only use clichés in a satiric way. In German Metal Hammer magazine, the reviewer gave the band a positive critique. He wrote, "this is why Eskimo Callboy is fun because they dismiss themselves and let ruling the fun".
- Sebastian "Sushi“ Biesler
- Kevin Ratajczak
- Sebastian "Sushi" Biesler – lead vocals (2010–present)
- Kevin Ratajczak – lead vocals, keyboards (2010–present)
- Daniel "Danskimo" Haniß – lead guitar (2010–present)
- Pascal Schillo – rhythm guitar (2010–present)
- Daniel Klossek – bass guitar (2010–present)
- David Friedrich – drums (2012–present)
- Michael "Micha" Malitzki – drums (2010–2012)
|2012||Bury Me in Vegas||—||—||—|
|2014||We Are the Mess||8||64||—|
- Eskimo Callboy (2010)
- "California Gurls" (Katy Perry cover)
- "Is Anyone Up?"
- "Muffin Purper-Gurk"
- "Cinema" (Skrillex/Benny Benassi cover)
- "We Are the Mess"
- "Final Dance"
- "Best Day (feat. Sido)"
- "Baby (T.U.M.H.)"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eskimo Callboy.|
- osnametal.de: Eskimo Callboy:Heute Veröffentlichung des neuen Albums (German)
- ibanez.de: Eskimo Callboy on tour
- partyausfall.de: CALLEJON - Band auf Blitzkreuz Tour im Oktober 2012 (German)
- Marco Götz: Metal Hammer: Callejon: Verletzte und Konzertabbruch nach Decken-Einsturz - Tour-Ende mit Schrecken(German)
- partyausfall.de: ESKIMO CALLBOY - GET DRUNK OR FUCK OFF EURO TOUR 2013 mit THE BROWNING, CLOSE TO HOME und INTOHIMO (German)
- metal.de: Get Drunk Or Fuck Off Tour (German)
- pollstar.com: Kottonmouth Kings ‘Fight To Unite’
- Wacken Open Air: Eskimo Callboy
- Sebastian Kessler: Metal Hammer: Gewinner und erste Fotos der METAL HAMMER AWARDS 2013 (German)
- Frank Engelhardt: FUZE Magazine #44 (March/April 2014): Eskimo Callboy: Metal-Atzen, pages 22-23 (German)
- Dark Lord: Stormbringer.at: ESKIMO CALLBOY, I WRESTLED A BEAR ONCE, HER BRIGHT SKIES, TO THE RATS AND WOLVES - Europa Tour Dates! (German)
- Thomas Renz: FUZE Magazine Nr. 33 Apr./Mai 2012, page 37: Reviews
- Kai Butterweck: Laut.de: Bury Me in Vegas von Eskimo Callboy (German)
- allschools.de: ESKIMO CALLBOY bei Redfield Records (German)
- Bandbiographie bei Redfield Records
- Florian Krapp: Review for Eskimo Callboy - Bury Me in Vegas at Metal Hammer issue 04/2012. (German)
- Media Control: Eskimo Callboy - German Longplay Charts
- "Discographie Eskimo Callboy". austriancharts.at (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Discographie Eskimo Callboy". hitparade.ch (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved 2015-04-04.