|Industry||Utilities & Marketing|
|Leslie B. Lampton Sr., CEO|
Number of employees
Ergon, Inc. is a privately owned company based in Jackson, Mississippi. Founded by Leslie Lampton in 1954 with two employees, the company now makes approximately 4 billion dollars per year. The company refines and distributes petroleum products. Their manufactured products group manufactures and markets various products ranging from computer boards and systems to road maintenance products and equipment. Ergon owns the Vicksburg Refinery located in Vicksburg, Mississippi and also owns approximately 500 wells, mostly in Louisiana and in East Texas.
Leslie Lampton graduated from Ole Miss in 1948. Through Ergon, Lampton donates funds to the university's engineering program.
Partnerships and subsidiaries
- Diversified Technology, Inc. is an Ergon company that engineers and manufactures embedded systems within the AdvancedTCA, CompactPCI, ETX, COM Express, and PCI/ISA form factors.
- Crafco, Inc. is an Ergon company which manufactures pavement maintenance products and equipment including hot pour asphalt crack sealants.
- Tricor Refining, LLC is owned by a partnership of Ergon and San Joaquin Refining, Inc.
- Lion Oil has been an affiliate of Ergon since 1985 and owns a refinery located near Smackover crude oil field and in El Dorado, Arkansas. As of October 2011, Ergon had sold its remaining interest in Lion Oil to Delek US Holdings, Inc. for approximately $228.7 million.
- Lampton-Love, Inc., Ergon's subsidiary, serves liquid petroleum gas (LPG) retail and wholesale customers across the mid-South.
- Ergon website
- Ergon Petroleum Specialties Marketing Division
- Diversified Technology, Inc. website
- Mississippi Business Journal "Mississippi 100"