Flowers while attending Miami in 2012
|No. 74 New York Giants|
|Date of birth:||April 25, 1994|
|Place of birth:||Miami, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||329 lb (149 kg)|
|High school:||Miami Gardens (FL) Miami Norland|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 1 / Pick: 9|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2015|
A native of Miami, Flowers originally attended Krop High School in the Ives Estates, where he was a basketball standout and did not focus on football until his junior year. For his senior year, he transferred to Norland High School in Miami Gardens, where he joined a talented varsity that featured blue chip running back Duke Johnson. Flowers helped the Vikings to a 15–0 season record and a FHSAA Class 5A championship over Crawfordville Wakulla.
Regarded as a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Flowers was ranked as the 20th-best offensive tackle in his class. ESPN labelled him a three-star recruit and ranked him 57th in his position. He chose Miami (FL) over offers from Purdue, Florida State, and Central Florida.
As a true freshman at the University of Miami in 2012, Flowers played in all 12 games at right tackle, making four starts. As a sophomore in 2013, he started all 12 games at left tackle. He returned as the starting left tackle in 2014.
On December 29, 2014, Flowers announced that he would forgo his senior season and enter the 2015 NFL Draft.
On April 30, 2015, Flowers was selected with the 9th overall pick by the New York Giants in the 2015 NFL Draft. He was the highest selected Miami Hurricanes offensive lineman since Bryant McKinnie in 2002.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 6¼ in||329 lb||34½ in||9⅞ in||5.31 s||1.78 s||3.13 s||27 in||8 ft 5 in||37 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
On June 18, 2015, Flowers signed a 4-year $14.3 million contract with the New York Giants. He was named the Giants starting left tackle at week 1 and played in 15 games in his rookie season.
Although he wore #76 throughout his entire rookie season, Flowers decided to switch to his college number #74 during the spring of 2016 after it was left available with the departure of teammate Geoff Schwartz.
- "Fisch not scared to start Flowers at right tackle 'or any freshman who deserves' it". Miami Herald. August 10, 2012.
- HERALD SPOTLIGHT: Ereck Flowers
- "Miami Norland captures 5A state football title over Crawfordville Wakulla". Orlando Sentinel. December 16, 2011.
- "Rivals.com offensive tackles 2012".
- "Ereck Flowers Recruiting Profile". ESPN.
- Hurricanes' shy lineman Ereck Flowers is 'a beast' on field
- Freshman offensive tackle Ereck Flowers could supplant Seantrel Henderson in University of Miami starting lineup
- Feliciano, Flowers hoping to help Miami's offensive line
- Miami OT Ereck Flowers says he's entering the 2015 NFL Draft
- Eisen, Michael. "Flowers drafted by Giants 9th overall in 2015 NFL Draft.". Giants.com. New York Giants Official Website. Retrieved May 1, 2015.