Encyclopædia Britannica Ultimate Reference Suite
Encyclopædia Britannica 2010 Ultimate Reference Suite DVD
|Original author(s)||Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc.|
|Developer(s)||Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc.|
Mac OS X
Encyclopædia Britannica Ultimate Reference Suite received the 2004 Distinguished Achievement Award from the Association of Educational Publishers. Its predecessor, Britannica DVD, received Codie awards in 2000, 2001 and 2002.
There is no official release of Britannica for the Linux operating system, however, a script is provided that can help experienced users run Encyclopædia Britannica 2004 Ultimate Reference Suite DVD (and other 2004 editions of Britannica) on Linux, with some limitations (for example the dictionary, Flash/QuickTime presentations, and content update functions do not work, and preferences must be edited manually). This script specifically requires version 1.3.1 of JRE, but can usually be made to work with newer versions if the version check is commented out.
Minimum system requirements
|Processor||Intel Core processor|
|Memory||512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)|
|Optical disc||DVD-ROM drive|
|Hard Disk Space||2.08 GB free hard-drive space (4.74 GB for full installation)|
|Display||1024x768 resolution, 16-bit color|
- "Encyclopaedia Britannica 2015 Ultimate Edition : 9783803266316". Bookdepository.com. Retrieved 2015-08-27.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20100601190532/http://www.britannicastore.com/Britannica-2010-Ultimate-Reference-DVD/invt/042110800dm. Archived from the original on June 1, 2010. Retrieved June 8, 2010. Missing or empty
- "2004 Distinguished Achievement Awards Winners: Technology". Association of Educational Publishers. 1 August 2003. Archived from the original on October 17, 2006. Retrieved 11 April 2007.
- "2001 Codie Awards Winners". Software and Information Industry Association. 2007. Archived from the original on December 31, 2006. Retrieved 11 April 2007.
- "2002 Codie Awards Winners". Software and Information Industry Association. 2007. Archived from the original on January 1, 2007. Retrieved 11 April 2007.
- "Encyclopædia Britannica Technical Support Contact Page". Support.britannica.com. Retrieved 2015-08-27.