Emirate of Dhala
| Emirate of Dhala|
|State of the Federation of South Arabia|
Map of the Federation of South Arabia
Dhala or Dhali` (Arabic: الضالع aḍ-Ḍāliʿ), Amiri (Arabic: الأميري al-Amīrī), or the Emirate of Dhala (Arabic: إمارة الضالع Imārat aḍ-Ḍāliʿ) was a state in the British Aden Protectorate, the Federation of Arab Emirates of the South, and its successor, the Federation of South Arabia. Its capital was Dhala (Ad Dali').
Previously Dhala' was under the suzerainty of the Zaidi imams of Yemen, the emirs of Dhala, of the Amiri dynasty. In 1904 it became a British protectorate, eventually joining of the Aden Protectorate.
The last emir, Shafaul ibn Ali Shaif Al Amiri, was deposed and the state was abolished in 1967 upon the founding of the People's Republic of South Yemen.
The area is part of the Republic of Yemen since 1990.
- .... - .... Shafa`ul al-`Amiri
- .... - .... Ahmad ibn Shafa`ul al-`Amiri
- .... - .... al-Hasan ibn Ahmad al-`Amiri
- .... - .... `Abd al-Hadi ibn al-Hasan al-`Amiri
- 1839? Musa`id ibn al-Hasan al-`Amiri
- .... - Jan 1872 Shafa`ul ibn `Abd al-Hadi al-`Amiri
- Apr 1872 - 1873 `Ali ibn Muqbil al-`Amiri (1st time)
- 1873 - Dec 1873 Muhammad ibn Musa`id al-`Amiri
- Jan 1874 - Apr 1874 `Ali ibn Muqbil al-`Amiri (2nd time)
- Apr 1874 - Mar 1878 `Abd Allah ibn Muhammad al-`Amiri
- Mar 1878 - 10 Sep 1886 `Ali ibn Muqbil al-`Amiri (2nd time)
- Sep 1886 - 22 Dec 1911 Sha´if ibn Sayf al-`Amiri
- Dec 1911 - 1920 Nasir ibn Sha'if al-`Amiri (1st time)
- 1920 - 1928 Haydara ibn Nasir al-`Amiri
- Jul 1928 - 1947 Nasir ibn Sha'if al-`Amiri (2nd time)
- 1947 - 1954 `Ali ibn `Ali al-`Amiri
- 1954 - 17 Aug 1967 Shafa`ul ibn `Ali al-`Amiri
- R.J. Gavin. Aden Under British Rule: 1839-1967. London: C. Hurst & Company, 1975
- Paul Dresch. A History of Modern Yemen. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2000
- States of the Aden Protectorates