Cairo International Airport|
Alexandria International Airport
Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport
|Frequent-flyer program||EgyptAir Plus|
|Alliance||Star Alliance (affiliate)|
|Parent company||EgyptAir Holding Company|
|Key people||Helmi Rizq (Chairman)|
EgyptAir Express is a regional airline based in Cairo, Egypt. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of the state-owned EgyptAir, established in 2006 to offer passengers increased frequencies on domestic and regional routes through the use of smaller aircraft.
The airline has been a member of Star Alliance, through the membership of its parent company, EgyptAir, since July 2008.
The key trends for EgyptAir Express are shown below (as at year ending 30 June):
|Number of employees (at year end)||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Number of passengers (m)||0.9||1.1||1.5||1.3||1.1||1.3|
|Passenger load factor (%)||81||76||77||75||72||79|
|Number of aircraft (at year end)||6||12||12||12||12||12|
(*) Figures for the years ending 30 June 2011 and 2012 were delayed because of disruption caused by the Egyptian Revolution in early 2011, and the figures themselves reflect the disruption that occurred.
EgyptAir Express serves the following destinations (as of June 2013):
- Abu Simbel – Abu Simbel Airport
- Alexandria – Borg El Arab Airport
- Assiut – Assiut Airport
- Aswan – Aswan International Airport
- Cairo – Cairo International Airport Hub
- Hurghada – Hurghada International Airport
- Luxor – Luxor International Airport
- Marsa Alam – Marsa Alam Airport
- Mersa Matruh – Mersa Matruh Airport [summer seasonal]
- Sharm el-Sheikh – Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport
- "Directory: World Airlines Part 2 (C-L)". Flight International: 31–80. 7 April 2009.
- EgyptAir Express Annual Report 2008-09
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 3 April 2007. p. 76.
- "EgyptAir Express Annual Report 2009" (PDF). Egyptair. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "EgyptAir Annual Report 2010". Egyptair. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "EgyptAir Annual Report 2011". Egyptair. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- "EgyptAir Express Annual Report 2012/13". Egyptair. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- "EgyptAir Express aims for full recovery by next April". Air Transport World. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2016): 13.