|Egon Alfred Klepsch|
|17th President of the European Parliament|
|Preceded by||Enrique Barón Crespo|
|Succeeded by||Klaus Hänsch|
January 30, 1930|
Bodenbach (Podmokly), Czechoslovakia
September 18, 2010 80) (aged|
|Political party||CDU, EPP|
Egon Alfred Klepsch (January 30, 1930 – September 17/18, 2010.) was a German politician (CDU).
In the years 1963–1969 Dr. Klepsch was Federal leader of the Junge Union. In 1965 he worked briefly as an election campaign manager for Ludwig Erhard. In the same year he was elected to the German Bundestag, to which he belonged until 1980.
Since 1964 Dr. Klepsch had been active at the European level. From 1973 he was a Member of the European Parliament in parallel to the Bundestag. After the first direct election of the parliament in 1979 Klepsch became chairman of the EPP parliamentary group. After he had stood in vain in 1982 for the office of President of the European Parliament, he was elected in 1992 with the support of the EPP and PES parliamentary groups. In 1994 he retired from the European Parliament and became an advisor to Deutschen Vermögensberatungs AG.
- Ex-Bundestagsabgeordneter Klepsch ist tot. SWR Nachrichten.
- Merkel: CDU trauert um Egon Klepsch. news aktuell.
- CDU-Politiker Egon Klepsch verstorben. op-online.de.
- CDU-Politiker Egon Klepsch verstorben. RP ONLINE.
- European Parliament page
- Prime Minister of Malta Website, Honorary Appointments to the National Order of Merit