University of the French West Indies and Guiana
|Université des Antilles|
|President||Corine Mancer Caster|
The University of the French West Indies (Université des Antilles) was a French university, based in the French West Indies. It was under the Academy of French Guiana.
The University had 3 campuses:
- two in Guadeloupe: Fouillole (Pointe-à-Pitre) and Saint-Claude,
- one in Martinique: Schœlcher (while there is also the campus of the IUFM in Fort-de-France and the medical campus (CHRU, a regional university hospital) of La Meynard in Le Lamentin).
In a process that was completed on 1 January 2015, the university was separated into two distinct institutions based on its constituent parts in French Guiana and the Lesser Antilles, respectively.
Faculties and departments
- Official web site, serving Guadeloupe and Martinique
- Department of History in Schœlcher and in Saint-Claude (Guadeloupe)
- University of (French) Guiana