Eastwood Hanley F.C.
|Full name||Eastwood Hanley Football Club|
1946 (original club)|
2014 (modern club)
|Ground||Trentmill Road, Hanley|
|League||Staffordshire County Senior League Division One|
|2015–16||Staffordshire County Senior League Division Two North, 1st (promoted)|
Eastwood Hanley Football Club is a football club based in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England. They are currently members of the Staffordshire County Senior League Division One and play at Trentmill Road.
Situated in the Joiners Square area of the city (south east of the main town Hanley), Eastwood played their home games at the Trentmill Road ground for the majority of their history. The club was established in 1946. In 1987, they joined the Northern Premier League Division One in its first season, and at their height were one of the best non-league teams in North Staffordshire rivalling Leek Town for the top position in the pyramid. Their one major honour came in 1986 when they won the Staffordshire Senior Cup.
They were forced out of their Trentmill Road home in the early 1990s due to regular vandalism of the site and although they groundshared with Kidsgrove and Newcastle for a few seasons, interest in the club waned and gates decreased. The club eventually folded in 1997.
After a failed bid to revive the club in 2009, the club was re-established in 2014 when Sandford Hill Allstars adopted the name. They subsequently joined the Staffordshire County Senior League.
- North West Counties League Division Two
- Runners-up 1983–84
- Mid-Cheshire League
- Runners-up 1966–67
- Staffordshire Senior Cup
- Winners 1985-86
- FA Cup
- Third Qualifying Round 1972–73, 1991–92, 1994–95
- FA Trophy
- First Qualifying Round 1973–74, 1976–77, 1977–78
- FA Vase
- Fifth Round 1988–89
- "groundhog blog article:- Eastwood Hanley". the groundhog: the football ground travelog. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- "groundhog blog article:- Eastwoood Hanley revisited". the groundhog: the football ground travelog. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- Reviving former football club has my full support This is Staffordshire, 23 September 2009
- Football: Eastwood Hanley are back thanks to ambitious junior club Stoke Sentinel, 27 May 2014
- Eastwood Hanley at the Football Club History Database