Dried meat is a feature of many cuisines around the world. Examples include:
- Kilishi, a dried, spicy Nigerian meat. Coated with a peanut sauce as well as other spices.
- Bakkwa or rougan, Chinese salty-sweet dried meat sheets.
- Biltong, a cured meat that originated in South Africa.
- Bündnerfleisch, air-dried meat from Kanton Graubünden in Switzerland.
- Bògoǫ, a dried and smoked meat, often caribou, of the Dené people of northern Canada.
- Borts, air-dried strips horse or cow meat used as travel food or to last the winter in Mongolia. Often ground into powder and mixed with water to create soup.
- Bresaola, air-dried salted beef originally from the Valtellina valley in northern Italy.
- Carne-de-sol, sun-dried salt beef from Brazil.
- Carne seca, air-dried meat from Mexico.
- Cecina, lightly smoked, dried, and salted meat from northwestern Spain (Asturias, León, Cantabria), Cuba, and Mexico.
- Charqui, made from llama or alpaca, in South America.
- Chipped beef, partially dried beef sold in small, thin, flexible leaves in jars or plastic packets.
- Hunter beef, a corned beef from Pakistan marinated and baked for use in sandwiches and salads.
- Droëwors - from South Africa, dried sausage
- Jerky, meat that has been trimmed of fat, cut into strips, marinated, and dried or smoked.
- Kuivaliha, air-dried salted meat (often reindeer) of northern Finland.
- Lahndi or qadid, air-dried salted meat (often lamb) of Pushtoon Tribe of Pakistan, Northern Afghanistan and Northern Africa (gueddid).
- Laap mei, also called wax meats or air-dried meats, are a southern Chinese speciality.
- Mipku, air-dried strips of meat, often caribou or reindeer, of the Inuvialuit people of Northern Canada.
- Pastırma, Turkish air-dried salted and often spiced meat.
- Pemmican, a meat mixture, sometimes with dried fruit, used by the native peoples of North America.
- Suho meso, a smoked beef eaten in Bosnia.
- Sukuti, air dried, spiced meat of the Newari community of Nepal.
- Kawaab, air dried, spiced meat of the Hyderabadi community of India.
- Pindang, dried buffalo meat from the Philippines.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dried meat.|