|No. 17 Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Date of birth:||August 20, 1993|
|Place of birth:||Cincinnati, Ohio|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school:||Fairfield (OH)|
|Roster status:||Practice squad|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2015|
Even though Dye impressed scouts at the NFL Scouting Combine by running a 4.39 40-yard dash, he went undrafted in the 2015 NFL Draft, although he was signed as an undrafted rookie on May 11, 2015 by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Dye caught his first pass, a touchdown thrown by Jameis Winston, in a 31-30 loss in Week 6, 2015, to the Washington Redskins. On December 17, playing against the St Louis Rams, Dye caught a 44-yard reception inside the 5-yard line and began to celebrate, even though the play was still live. As a result he fumbled the ball.
On August 30, 2016, Dye was waived by the Buccaneers with an injury settlement. He was re-signed to the practice squad on October 17, 2016. Two days later, Dye was promoted to the Buccaneers active roster. On October 22, the Buccaneers released Dye and re-signed him to the practice squad on October 25.
- Smith, Scott. "Four Tryout Players Land Roster Spots". Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- "Buccaneers' Donteea Dye: Manages career-high 44 yards receiving in Week 15 loss". Retrieved 2016-09-05.
- "Donteea Dye Waived as Bucs Get to 75". Retrieved 2016-09-05.
- Smith, Scott (October 17, 2016). "Louis Murphy Returns to the Field". Buccaneers.com.
- Smith, Scott (October 19, 2016). "Donteea Day Back on the Active Roster". Buccaneers.com.
- Smith, Scott (October 22, 2016). "Freddie Martino Back on Active Roster". Buccaneers.com.
- Smith, Scott (October 25, 2016). "Donteea Dye Returns to Practice Squad". Buccaneers.com.