پارێزگای دھۆک ܗܘܦܲܪܟܝܵܐ ܕܕܸܗܘܟ
|Coordinates: 37°3′N 43°9′E / 37.050°N 43.150°ECoordinates: 37°3′N 43°9′E / 37.050°N 43.150°E|
|• Governor||Farhad Atrushi|
|• Total||10,955.91 km2 (4,230.10 sq mi)|
Dohuk Governorate (Kurdish: پارێزگای دھۆک, Syriac: ܗܘܦܲܪܟܝܵܐ ܕܕܸܗܘܟ , Arabic: محافظة دهوك Muḥāfaẓat Dahūk) is a governorate in Iraq. Its capital is the city of Dohuk. It includes the city of Zakho, which has at various times served as a checkpoint for the border with Turkey. Prior to 1976 it was part of Nineveh Governorate, which was called Mosul Governorate. Dohuk Governorate is mainly inhabited by Kurds and Assyrians, with a small number of Yazidis and Armenians. The estimated population in 2015 was 1,423,114.
- Governor: Farhad Ameen Kortê
- Deputy Governor: Behzad Ali Adam
- Governorate Council Chairman (PCC): Fadhil Omer
- 41 total seats
- 33 seats for the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP)
- 4 seats for the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK)
- 4 seats for the Kurdistan Islamic Union (KIU)
- Amedi District
- Dohuk District
- Semel District
- Zakho District
- Akre District (de jure Nineveh Governorate)
- Shekhan District (de jure Nineveh Governorate)
- Sinjar District (de jure Nineveh Governorate)
- Gir-e Kumar
- "Map of area of Kurdistan Region & its Governorates". Kurdistan Region Statistics Office, Kurdistan Regional Government.
- "The map of Districts of Kurdistan Region". Kurdistan Region Statistics Office, Kurdistan Regional Government.
- "The map of estimated population of Duhok governorate in districts level 2015". Kurdistan Region Statistics Office, Kurdistan Regional Government. 2015. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- "Human Rights Report 1 January – 31 March 2007" (PDF). UN Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) بعثة الأمم المتحدة. 1 لتقديم المساعدة للعراق. 25 April 2007. Retrieved 2015-09-06.
- "Assyrian Elected as Deputy Governor of Dohuk". Zinda Magazine. 11 (17). 6 April 2005. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
||Hakkâri Province and Şırnak Province, Turkey|
|Al-Hasakah Governorate, Syria||Arbil Governorate|