|Synonyms||CDB-4386A; 7α,11β-Dimethyl-19-nortestosterone 17β-buciclate|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||468.7110 g/mol|
|3D model (Jmol)||Interactive image|
Dimethandrolone buciclate (developmental code name CDB-4386A), or dimethandrolone bucyclate, also known as 7α,11β-dimethyl-19-nortestosterone 17β-buciclate, is a synthetic anabolic-androgenic steroid (AAS) and a derivative of 19-nortestosterone (nandrolone) that was developed by the Contraceptive Development Branch (CDB) of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) and has not been marketed at this time. It is an androgen ester – specifically, the C17β buciclate (4-butylcyclohexane-1-carboxylate) ester of dimethandrolone (7α,11β-dimethyl-19-nortestosterone) – and acts as a prodrug of dimethandrolone in the body. Dimethandrolone buciclate is or was under investigation as a potential male contraceptive.
- 11β-Methyl-19-nortestosterone dodecylcarbonate
- Dimethandrolone dodecylcarbonate
- Dimethandrolone undecanoate
- Nandrolone cyclotate
- Testosterone buciclate
- Testosterone undecanoate
- Trestolone acetate
- Blye, Richard, and Hyun Kim. "Methods of making and using 7a, 11b-dimethyl-17b-hydroxy-4-estren-3-one 17b-trans-4-n-butylcyclohexane carboxylate and 7a, 11b-dimethyl-17b-hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one 17-undecanoate." U.S. Patent Application No. 10/260,854.
- Blye, Richard, and Hyun Kim. "Method of making and using 7alpha, 11beta-dimethyl-17beta-hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one 17-undecanoate." U.S. Patent Application No. 11/040,964.
- Blye, Richard P., et al. "Methods of making, using and pharmaceutical formulations comprising 7α, 11β-dimethyl-17β-hydroxyestra-4, 14-dien-3-one and 17 esters thereof." U.S. Patent No. 7,196,074. 27 Mar. 2007.
- Blye, Richard P., and Hyun K. Kim. "Method of making and using 7alpha, 11beta-dimethyl-17beta-hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one 17-undecanoate." U.S. Patent Application No. 12/184,600.
- Brown, A.E.; Sorbera, L.A. (2013). "Therapeutic targets for male contraception". Drugs of the Future. 38 (7): 499. doi:10.1358/dof.2013.038.07.1980494. ISSN 0377-8282.