|No. 56 Cleveland Browns|
|Date of birth:||January 11, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Collins, Mississippi|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||242 lb (110 kg)|
|High school:||Brandon (MS)|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 3 / Pick: 77|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 5, 2016|
Demario Davis (born January 11, 1989) is an American football linebacker for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the New York Jets in the third round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at Arkansas State.
Davis attended Brandon High School in Brandon, Mississippi, where he was a three-sport athlete in football, basketball and track. In football, he played mostly wide receiver as sophomore and junior, helping lead the team to its 14th playoff appearance in the last 16 years with a 7-5 record. As a senior, he recorded 81 tackles, six interceptions and one sack, while also receiving over 30 passes for 386 receiving yards with four scores. He was also a starter on the Brandon basketball team and competed as a high jumper with the varsity track & field team. He was selected to the Sun Belt First Team All-State team and was named to the Clarion Ledger All-Metro team.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 in||235 lb||4.58 s||1.63 s||2.72 s||4.28 s||7.19 s||38.5 in||10 ft 4 in||32 reps|
|10 and 20 yard splits taken from Pro Day, all other values from NFL combine|
New York Jets
The New York Jets drafted Davis in the third round of the 2012 NFL Draft. Davis was praised by head coach Rex Ryan who likened some of Davis' leadership attributes to those of Ray Lewis. Davis signed a four-year contract on May 31, 2012 worth approximately $2.9 million.
On March 16, 2016, Davis signed a two-year, $8 million contract with the Cleveland Browns.
- "Demario Davis". ESPN. Archived from the original on December 24, 2013. Retrieved April 27, 2012.
- "Arkansas State Profile". astateredwolves.com.
- "Demario Davis". NFL Draft Scout. Archived from the original on 28 April 2012. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- Vrentas, Jenny (April 27, 2012). "NFL Draft 2012: Jets choose Arkansas State linebacker Demario Davis in third round". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on April 27, 2012. Retrieved April 27, 2012.
- Vrentas, Jenny (May 31, 2012). "Jets sign third-round pick Demario Davis to four-year deal". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on June 1, 2012. Retrieved June 1, 2012.
- Patra, Kevin (March 16, 2016). "Roundup: Browns sign linebacker Demario Davis". NFL.com. Retrieved March 16, 2016.
- "For Jets Linebacker Demario Davis, Leadership And Faith Are Intertwined".
- "Demario Davis Remembers His Cousin, Steve McNair". newyorkjets.com. Archived from the original on December 24, 2013. Retrieved September 27, 2013.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- New York Jets bio
- Arkansas State Red Wolves bio