Reaves with the Carolina Panthers in 2014
|No. 31 Kansas City Chiefs|
|Date of birth:||April 17, 1993|
|Place of birth:||Birmingham, Alabama|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||Clay-Chalkville (AL)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Roster status:||Practice squad|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Darrin Reaves (born April 17, 1993) is an American football running back for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL). He signed as an undrafted free agent with the Carolina Panthers in 2014. He played college football at UAB.
Darrin Reaves was born on April 17, 1993, in Birmingham, Alabama, to Darrin and Crystal Reaves. Darrin grew up playing for the Wahouma Seminoles in the metro Birmingham area. He went on to star at Clay Chalkville Middle and High School. His best year (2010) was his senior year in an injury-plagued high school career. He led his 9–4 Cougars to the quarterfinals in the 6A State Playoffs, losing to eventual champion Hoover 35-27. Reaves signed with UAB on signing day 2011.
Reaves attended the University of Alabama at Birmingham from 2011 to 2013. During his career he rushed for 2,343 yards on 496 carries with 27 touchdowns. After his junior season he entered the 2014 NFL Draft.
After going undrafted in the 2014 draft, Reaves signed with the Carolina Panthers. He was waived for final roster cuts before the start of the 2014 season, but signed to the team's practice squad on August 31, 2014.
Kansas City Chiefs
Reaves signed with the Kansas City Chiefs on August 2, 2015. On September 5, 2015, he was cut by the Chiefs. The Chiefs signed him to their practice squad on October 13. On January 18, 2016, the Chiefs signed Reaves to a future/reserve contract. On September 3, 2016, he was released by the Chiefs. The next day, he was signed to the Chiefs' practice squad.
- UAB running back Darrin Reaves skipping senior season to enter NFL Draft
- Reaves, Ike Sign FA Deals With Panthers, Steelers
- Strickland, Bryan (August 31, 2014). "Panthers sign 10 to practice squad". Panthers.com. Retrieved 2014-09-02.
- Newton, David (July 28, 2015). "Panthers waive RB Darrin Reaves, sign a pair of tackles". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2015-08-05.
- Teicher, Adam (August 2, 2015). "LaVance Taylor's dream ends with release from Chiefs". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2015-08-05.
- Paylor, Terez A. (September 5, 2015). "Chiefs set 53-man roster after cutting Mike Catapano, Eric Kush and others". The Kansas City Star. Retrieved September 17, 2015.
- Paylor, Terez (October 13, 2015). "Chiefs sign Spencer Ware from the practice squad, make a host of other moves". KansasCity.com. Retrieved January 10, 2016.
- "NFL Transactions: Monday 1/18 - NFL Trade Rumors -". NFL Trade Rumors -. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Chiefs Down to NFL Mandated Roster Limit". Chiefs.com.
- "Chiefs Announce Additional Roster Moves". Chiefs.com.