|Member of the Utah Senate|
from the 15th district
Assumed office |
August 26, 2016
|Preceded by||Alvin B. Jackson|
|Alma mater||Brigham Young University|
|Religion||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)|
Daniel "Dan" Hemmert is an American businessman and politician who is currently serving as a Republican member of the Utah Senate. He was appointed in August 2016 in order to succeed Alvin B. Jackson, who had resigned the previous month.
Hemmert owns a dry cleaning business known as Red Hanger Cleaners and in the past has worked as a chief financial officer for OrangeSoda and JR Miller Enterprises. He ran for a full term to the Senate seat in the 2016 election. Hemmert also served as an alternate delegate for Mitt Romney to the 2012 Republican National Convention.
- "Governor appoints Dan Hemmert to Utah Senate". Governor of Utah. August 26, 2016. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- "Daniel Hemmert appointed to Utah Senate". The Salt Lake Tribune. August 26, 2016. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- Romboy, Dennis (August 26, 2016). "Orem resident Dan Hemmert appointed to Utah Senate". The Deseret News. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- "Daniel Hemmert's Biography". Project VoteSmart. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- England, Katie (May 15, 2016). "Dan Hemmert announces run for Al Jackson's Senate seat". Daily Herald. Retrieved November 1, 2016.