January 3, 1986|
North York, Ontario
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||72 kg (159 lb)|
|Updated on July 2012.|
Crispin Duenas (born January 5, 1986 in North York, Ontario, grew up in Scarborough, Ontario) is a Canadian recurve archer who represented Canada at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing and the 2012 Summer Olympics.
He is one of Canada's top male archers with a successful international career as both a cadet and junior. He is a physics major at the University of Toronto.
2008 Summer Olympics
At the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing Duenas finished his ranking round with a total of 664 points. This gave him the 16th seed for the final competition bracket in which he faced Magnus Petersson in the first round. Both scored 108 points in the regular match and they had to go to an extra round. In this extra round Duenas scored 18 points, while Petersson advanced to the second round with 19 points.
Together with John-David Burns and Jason Lyon he also took part in the team event. With his 664 score from the ranking round combined with the 644 of Burns and the 646 of Lyon the Canadians were in 11th position after the ranking round. In the first round they were beaten by the Italian team 219-217. Italy would go on to reach the final and win the silver medal.
2012 Summer Olympics
At the 2012 Summer Olympics, Duenas only competed in the men's individual event, losing to Ahmed El-Nemr in the first knockout round.
- Breaking and re-breaking national records in the FITA round
- Placing 17th individually at the world championship
- Anchoring the Canadian men's team to an 8th-place finish and qualifying the team for the Beijing Olympics
- Placed 6th in the El Salvador World Cup
- 2nd in the 2008 Canadian Olympic trials
- 3rd Arizona Cup World Ranking event
- 2nd in the Ontario Spring Classic
- Member of the Canadian men's team to an 8th-place finish in Dominican Republic World Cup
- 1st in the Ontario Spring Classic
- 3rd in 2013 World Archery Championships (Men's Individual Recurve)
- 1st in Recurve at Lancaster Archery Supply Classic (Unofficial)
- A is for Archery
- CBC Radio June 15, 2008
- Archer aims for bull's-eye University of Toronto News@UofT July 22, 2008
- Damjanovic, Jelena (2014-11-25). "Olympic archer Crispin Duenas on the Toronto 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games". U of T News.
- Athlete biography: Crispin Duenas, beijing2008.cn, ret: Aug, 17 2008
- "Crispin Duenas Bio, Stats, and Results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 2016-01-20.