Coronation Cup (football)
The Coronation Cup was a one-off football tournament to celebrate the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, between four English and four Scottish clubs, held in Glasgow in May 1953. This tournament, like the Empire Exhibition Trophy, was held in very high regard by football clubs, as at the time it allowed teams to test themselves against teams from another country in the days before European football.
- Celtic 1 – 0 Arsenal
- Manchester United 2 – 1 Rangers
- Newcastle United 4 – 2 Aberdeen
- Hibernian 2 – 1 (a.e.t.) Tottenham Hotspur
- Celtic 2 – 0 Hibernian
- Scorers - Mochan, Walsh
- Celtic - Bonnar, Haughney, Rollo, Evans, Stein (captain), McPhail, Collins, Walsh, Mochan, Peacock, Fernie
- Hibernian - Younger, Govan, Paterson, Buchanan, Howie, Combe, Smith, Johnstone, Reilly, Turnbull, Ormond.