|24,693 (by ancestry, 2011), or up to 70,000 (2003)|
Mainly older people: Arabic language
Liturgical: Coptic language
Coptic Australians are Australians of Coptic descent or persons of Coptic descent residing in Australia. According to the 2011 census, there are 24,693 Copts in Australia mostly members of the Coptic Orthodox Church. The ethnic Coptic population within Australia is estimated to be between 70,000 to 100,000 people.
Congregations of the Coptic Orthodox Church in Australia are served by two Coptic Orthodox Dioceses with over 50 parishes, two Monasteries, two theological Colleges and four schools. The Coptic Church is a member of National Council of Churches in Australia. According to the 2006 Census of Australia, there were a total of 19,928 followers of Coptic Orthodoxy nationally. Currently, the Coptic Orthodox Church has as many 100,000 members in Australia (in Sydney alone it is estimated that there are 70,000 Copts, with numbers in Melbourne in the tens of thousands).
Notable Coptic Australians
- Coptic Orthodox Church in Australia
- List of Coptic Orthodox churches in Australia
- Coptic diaspora
- Coptic Americans
- Coptic Canadians
- Copts in Egypt
- Copts in Sudan
- Copts in Libya
- "The People of Australia – Statisssstics from the 2011 Census" (PDF). Australian Government.
- "Coptic Orthodox Church (NSW) Property Trust Amendment Bill". Parliamentary Debates (Hansard). Parliament of NSW – Legislative Council. 12 November 2003. p. 4772.
[The Coptic community] is a growing community with some 70,000 members in New South Wales
- The Coptic Orthodox Diocese of Sydney & its Affiliated Regions – Under the Guidance of His Grace Bishop Daniel
- "The Coptic Orthodox Diocese of Sydney & its Affiliated Regions – Under the Guidance of His Grace Bishop Daniel". Coptic.org.au. March 29, 1970. Retrieved November 18, 2011.
- "The People of Australia – Statistics from the 2011 Census" (PDF). Australian Government.
- In the year 2003, there was an estimated 70,000 Copts in New South Wales alone: - http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/hansart.nsf/V3Key/LC20031112040
|chapter-url=missing title (help). Parliamentary Debates (Hansard). Parliament of NSW - Legislative Council. 12 November 2003. p. Page: 4772: - Coptic Orthodox Church (NSW) Property Trust Amendment Bill.