Conquest of the Desert (exhibition)
|EXPO Jerusalem 1953|
|Name||International Exhibition and Fair Jerusalem Israel|
|Motto||Conquest of the Desert|
|Opening||22 September 1953|
|Closure||14 October 1953|
|Previous||International exhibition of Textiles in Lille|
|Next||Mostre d'Oltremare in Naples|
|Previous||Exposition internationale du bicentenaire de Port-au-Prince in Port-au-Prince|
|Next||Expo 58 in Brussels|
|Next||Floriade 1960 in Rotterdam|
|Specialized||Roma 1953 Agricultural Exhibition|
13 foreign countries participated. This included the United States, although they announced that they would boycott the opening ceremony. The Soviet Union declined to attend. UNESCO and the World Health Organisation also attended.
Postage stamps commemorating the exhibition were designed by Abram Games.
- "1953 Jerusalem - Israel". Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Official Site of the Bureau International des Exposition". Retrieved 15 March 2012.
- "Exhibition 'Conquest Of The Desert'". Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Israel's First International Exhibition Opened in Jerusalem". Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "October 16, 1953 Israel's First International Exhibition Closes; Visited by 600,000". Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "U.S. Explains Its Boycott of Exhibition Opening". Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "Soviet Declines Invitation to Participate in Israel Exhibition". Retrieved 14 March 2012.